Happy New Year!

I, along with several other members of our model railroad club, participate in several public model railroad events each year. I often receive comments and questions from show guests about how I made something that is on display or about other aspects of the hobby. While I always do my best to answer such questions as thoroughly as possible, sometimes the topic is too 'big' to cover in a chat at a train show.

This was the genesis of my blog. I had seen other modelers' blogs (see my links page) and it dawned on me that it might be helpful to people if I could refer them to my blog if they have a question about the hobby. Some of these discussions at train shows also gave me ideas about what to write.

I began this blog in January 2019. My goal was to ensure that I posted at least three items per month so visitors always had new material to read. Including this posting I will have posted 44 blog entries in the past 12 months so I have more than met this goal. My regular posting dates are the 1st, 11th and 21st day of each month.

I hope that readers have found at least some of the information useful. If you ever want to get in touch you can do so through the contact form located at the bottom right of the home screen when using the full page web version (as opposed to the smart phone version which is configured somewhat differently to make it easier to read on such a device). You can also email me directly at:

rupertsinsights@gmail.com

From time to time I also post entries of non-model railroad projects as well as selections of photographs from various trips we have been on. Tomorrow's post will contain pictures from a 10-night Dalmatian Coast cruise that my wife and I enjoyed in November along with our good friends from Calgary.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2020.


A couple of pictures from Regina Railfest 2019 which show the opportunities to interact with show guests: