Handy Holders

I enjoy having a coffee, soft drink or other beverage within easy reach when I am in my workshop or train room. Several years ago I noticed that one of my favorite vendors, Micro-Mark, was selling a retractable cup holder which can be mounted on a vertical surface such as the fascia of a model railroad or on the side of a workbench. It looks like this (the photo on the left shows the adjustable jaws in their narrowest setting and on the right much wider apart):

 

It works great for many types of drink holders including mugs, bottles, cans or even travel mugs:


When you are not using it to hold a drink it can be folded up for a neat appearance:

Unfortunately I can no longer find this on Micro-Mark's website but a Google search reveals that there a many other variations on this design available for purchase from a variety of vendors.

Another very useful holder, also from Micro-Mark, is a holder for DCC controllers:


I have a TV in both my workshop and my train room and frequently misplace the remote control. It struck me recently that a holder for this would be useful too. I quickly designed a holder to fit my remote control and printed a couple on my 3D printer. I am very pleased with how this turned out: