No Duck Mo V2.0

In January 2019 I began a seven-part series describing a Free-mo module that incorporated a liftgate so a person could walk through a Free-mo setup without having to use a traditional "duck under" for doing so. I called it my "No Duck Mo", with "Mo" referring to the fact that it is a module.

In October 2020 I began a four-part series describing a two-level lift gate which I designed and built for my basement layout. I came up with several design improvements in working through the mechanics for this liftgate.

At Free-mo events, I am often asked whether I would be willing to share my plans for the No Duck Mo. My response has always been that I would be delighted to share my plans except my approach has always been to design something in my head, perhaps with a few very rough pencil sketches, but most of my design work is done on the fly.

In February 2021 I was contacted by a member of the Calgary Free-mo group, Jim I. Jim was asking about my plans to which I answered that there are no plans but since the start of COVID-19 I had in the back of my mind the thought that an excellent COVID project would be to design and built No Duck Mo V2.0 and create detailed instructions as I did. I told Jim to give me six weeks to get this started. This took me a bit longer, almost two months, because the documentation took longer than the design and construction.

Following are links to the detailed instructions as well as two files which include step-by-step instructions for assembling and for taking apart and packing No Duck Mo V2.0. The information in the latter two files is found at the end of the "complete detailed instructions" but I reproduced these as separate files so copies could easily be printed separately.


No Duck Mo V2.0 complete detailed instructions

No Duck Mo V2.0 setup instructions alone

No Duck Mo V2.0 take down instructions alone